Applied a nice rich brown stain to Gary's mountain banjo and the first coat of oil, I'll get a tone ring made next week whilst waiting for the oil to dry then should be able to assemble the end of the week.
Inlaid the mixture of gold mother of pearl and New Zealand Paua into Graham's banjo neck, just need to carve the rear of the neck and cut the fancy brass scoop before sanding.
Ash's banjo is all ready for final sanding prior to oiling. The Rim was all finished but some modifications were made to the tone ring so it needs to be re-finished, the difference between the unfinished Walnut neck and the oiled rim can be seen in the photo.
I've also been trying to finish off the neck for the old 'Temlett' pot I was given by Tym earlier in the year. I stretched on a new super thin calf skin as the old skin was past its best, the pot only came with half a neck so I cut the dowel off and will inset the original makers stamp into the rear of the new dowel stick. I also tried a new heel shape on this one, copied from an old 'Matthews' neck I have.
Looks like next week will mostly be spent sanding, can't wait :(